The results of a search, selections of a search, or even selections from multiple searches, can be imported into RefWorks from PubMed using the following instructions:
1. After conducting a search, select items by checking off the box next to the citations you want. If you don’t select any citations, all items from that search will be exported.
2. Under Send To; select File; Under Format, select MEDLINE; click Create File
3. For multiple searches, select Clipboard; click Add to Clipboard. When done searching,click on the number of items in the Clipboard; select File;under Format; select MEDLINE;click Create File.
4. In the pop up box, click Save File; click OK. Save file to your desktop.
5. Log in to your RefWorks account using your username and password.
6. Select Reference Import to open the RefWorks Import Form.
7. Under Import Filter Data Source;select NLM PubMed
8. Under Select Text File, click Browse to locate the PubMed text file.
9. Double-click on the file to select for import.
10. Under Import Into Folder, select the appropriate folder.;click Import.
This tutorial will provide you with a quick introduction to RefWorks,. You will learn how to create a RefWorks account, various references and import citations.
RefWorks Technical Support is available to help you:
By Phone: +1. 800-521-0600 ext. 74440 or +1.734-997-4440.
Support hours are:
Eastern Time Zone:
Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 9:00 pm Eastern Time
Pacific Time Zone:
Monday – Friday 5:00 am – 6:00 pm Pacific Time