engVid comprises 1,000+ FREE English video lessons, covering various topics (grammar, pronunciation, etc.) across three levels (beginner, intermediate, and advanced), delivered by experienced native English-speaking teachers.
The ESL Writing Online Workshop (ESL-WOW) is a FREE online writing lab designed to help English Language Learners with their writing. ESL-WOW guides you through the various steps for writing a paper. It also provides a tutorial on plagiarism to teach you what plagiarism is and, importantly, how to avoid it.
1. English Online France (EOLF) is a Web site that offers many resources, including online mini-courses, on grammar, pronunciation, Academic English reading & writing, and listening.
2. Using English for Academic Purposes (UEfAP) is a Web site that offers many activities on listening, reading, and writing skills in English for Academic Purposes.
4. Additional FREE English resources focused on listening, speaking, reading, writing, grammar, and vocabulary are available at free-english-study.com.
English is the language of science, so you must have a strong command of English to succeed as a scientist.
Chuck Guilford's Paradigm Online Writing Assistant
Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL): ESL Students
University of Nevada, Reno's English Language Learners (ELL) Resources
University of Richmond's Writer's Web
University of Toronto's Advice on Academic Writing
University of Washington Bothell's ESL Student Handbook
Randall Davis maintains a listening lab, "Randall's ESL Cyber Listening Lab," that provides more than 300 activities, lessons, and exercises for all-level ESL students to improve their communication and critical thinking skills.
A "demo lesson" from Randall's ESL Cyber Listening Lab is included below:
1. This index includes more than 400 references to the “Guide to Grammar and Writing” and “Principles of Composition,” which are two online resources sponsored by the Capital Community College Foundation (CCCF), a nonprofit organization that supports scholarships, faculty development, and curriculum innovation.
3. EF Education First, Ltd., has compiled a comprehensive English grammar guide.
4. One-Language.com offers several FREE online English courses.
2. Averil Coxhead, Senior Lecturer at the School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies at the Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, developed and evaluated The Academic Word List (AWL) for her master's thesis. The AWL is very helpful for English for Academic Purposes teachers and learners.
3. EF Education First, Ltd., has compiled several English vocabulary lists to help you learn the most common words in English (e.g., nouns, verbs, adjectives).
4. Soundkeepers.com offers a GRE vocabulary builder.
5. Vocabulary Acquisition provides practical strategies for ESL students.